A: There are several key differences:
- NASA developed the formula for the astronauts, to relieve the challenges of dehydration.
- Based on their research, the formula was developed without sugar so the benefit is focused on hydration. Energy is available from many sources. The Right Stuff® lets you determine the amount, timing and type of carbohydrates that you use.
- As a liquid concentrate, The Right Stuff® instantly goes into solution in the training beverage of your choice for the fastest delivery of electrolytes into your system.
- The Right Stuff participates in the NSF Certified for Sport program, which means every batch is tested and cleared not to contain any banned substances, heavy metals or any other adulterants. So even blood-doping tested athlete are confident that they can use it without testing positive.
- Based on the published research, the formula is significantly better than any other formula for:
- Combating the cramps, muscle fatigue, light-headedness, headaches etc. caused by heavy sweating, dehydration and electrolyte loss.
- Protecting the body from overheating in high heat settings and during times of intense exertion.
- Increasing athletic endurance by over 20% more than any other NASA tested formula.
- The NASA research also showed that the formula is highly effective for offsetting the negative effects of Jet Lag and High Altitudes
A: While the causes of dehydration may be different, human physiology is the same, so the symptoms and the methods for preventing and relieving dehydration are the same.
A: Endurance and collegiate/professional athletes will be most sensitive to noticing the benefits associated with using the Right Stuff. However, anyone that suffers from dehydration, whether from exercise, sun and heat exposure or other causes like jet-lag, altitude sickness and too much alcohol will also get valuable benefits from using The Right Stuff.
A: If you have high blood pressure or hypertension, you should discuss your training program with your healthcare professional before using The Right Stuff. However, while The Right Stuff does contain sodium, it is at levels similar to many many foods including:
Furthermore, the levels of sodium in The Right Stuff are the same as the levels in the studies conducted by NASA.
A: The minimum recommended dilution is 16 oz. (500ml) which would make the same isotonic drink used by NASA in their studies. However, many athletes have told us that they are putting it in their sports bottle which is typically 20-24 oz (590-710ml). This helps increase to total intake of liquid and makes the flavor even lighter. That is OK as long as you drink the entire bottle to get the full quantity of electrolytes. You may put The Right Stuff in your training beverage of choice. However, based on the NASA research, the optimal liquid does not contain any sugar.
A: Even though our product is manufactured under regulated pharmaceutical GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices), we have each batch independently analyzed by a lab which tests for over 200 banned substances and they have confirmed that The Right Stuff does not contain any of the banned substances! Click Here For More Information
A: No, we recommend that you consume The Right Stuff over several minutes prior to and/or during and/or after your daily workout or event.
A: Some flavors of The Right Stuff are naturally sweetened and sugar-free (Lemonade and Cherry Lime).
The NASA research found that sugar (amounts often found in many sports drinks) can reduce the speed of “gastric emptying” (the rate at which sports drink enter the blood stream). That is why the NASA formula was developed without sugar. However, to make the product taste more palatable, The Right Stuff uses citric acid and a very small amount (a fraction in what you would get in a diet soda) of Sucralose or an all-natural blend of the sweeteners Stevia and monk fruit to offset the natural saltiness. Various flavors of The Right Stuff® are sweetened with Splenda (sucralose) or Stevia and monk fruit.
A: Even though The Right Stuff is classified as a food product, we put it through the same rigorous testing as over-the-counter drugs to establish shelf life (also know as expiry dating). The Right Stuff has a shelf life of 38 months. Even at that point then product is still usable, but if you are uncomfortable with that, let us know and we will swap it out.
A: The Right Stuff does not have anything in it that isn’t widely used in other food and beverage products. However, to be sure for yourself, we recommend that you test The Right Stuff as part of your training regimen to see whether you need to modify your speed of consumption or the dilution rate in your personal program.
A: The Right Stuff ingredients (ranked in order of quantity per serving) include:
- Filtered Water – to liquefy the solids
- Sodium Citrate – Electrolytes (Sodium & Citrate) – GI/stomach buffer
- Sea Salt – Electrolytes (Sodium & Chloride) – The primary electrolytes lost when sweating
- Citric Acid or Malic Acid (in Grape) – For flavor, to help offset saltiness and natural preservative (used in soft drinks, beer and seltzer water)
- Sucralose – Small amount of zero carb sweetener derived from sugar
- Stevia/monk fruit – plant-based, all-natural sweetener found in Lemonade and Cherry Lime
- Flavors – Concentrated, natural varieties used for taste
- Potassium Sorbate and Sodium Citrate – Small quantities for preservatives
The Right Stuff is now available in seven versions.